Saturday, November 7, 2009

10/13/09: Okee Dokie Arti....choke-ee?‏

Alright, So I'm experiencing some insane madness called I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IN ENGLISH. the more and more I speak spanish, the more and more C's I put where K's should go and Z's where S's should be and...basically I'm not sure my kids and their kids will be able to read my journal. it's bad. First of all and the most exciting is PEDRO! Pedro, I think I've talked a bit about him, but he's this short mexican guy, like 5'3 or something...but he's gotta be 300 pounds. he's pretty huge. So we found him because he was dating a member who was in the english ward, but they broke up, but he still called us to come teach him. Well, we've taught all he needs to know. and you guessed it...he's been interviewed and set to be baptised this saturday!!! woot woot!!! He's been a testimony to me about how much people can change. He was kinda closed off and dark in a way at first, but the more and more he kept his promises to the Lord, read the scriptures, and prayed, the more he lightened up and now he's just a big smiling ball of happyness! We're really excited for that. Also, the work is going INSANE here. They HAVE to split us this transfer. I don't know how it goes number wise for other missions, but this week passed we taght 22 lessons, contacted 210 people on the street, and have 13 new investigators, for a few numbers. it shows improvement, but at the same time, I know we can do better so we're working hard! In the movie Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration, there's a part that shows a man who is sick, and he said his pride has brought him very low. Joseph then tells him the Lord will raise him high. They bless him and he is healed. I'd like to write about this. We all have our fallings and shortcomings. There is so much to work on and to better. Sometimes we feel overwhelmed, like the world is falling down. I feel like that sometimes. Our pride brings us low so we can be humble and ask to help see things how God sees them. Look at people how God looks at people. Serve as He would if He were here. The hard times are easy to see as a curse. A misfortune, the whole world against you...maybe that's so we can turn around and see how blessed we are. That we have a loving father in heaven who humbles us so we can be lifted higher than we ever could have before we started to trust in him. Then after all we can do to turn our will over to His, and do what He would have us do, we are healed. I LOVE the scripture Isaiah 53 which says Surely he has born our sorrows carried our greifs etc, then later says that through his stripes, we are healed. Healed. Not temporarily satisfied, but HEALED completely from the pain and hurt of the hard times. ok good shpeel. Thanks goes out to the Tuttle family for the goodies and letter, my companions were thrilled by the peanut butter cheerio bars. :) Also, thanks Momma Slezak for the note about Garrett, he is in every single one of my prayers. God will provide. Some people are ready other's aren't. But when you find the ones that are, it's magic. We were refferred to a guy named Christopher. He told us he's looking for a REAL way to change and get free of his past. He said he was baptised in another church, but that he still didn't feel it...maybe we'd be different. at the end of the lesson one, he just flat out Told us, he feels the spirit telling him the things we taught were the truth. (cool? I think....yes.) So we'll see where that goes! If you're reading this and you aren't too sure about this whole "LDS church" thing, I challenge you to find out for yourself. We aren't here to convince you, but rather ask you to ask God. He'll tell you the truth if you ask him. (James 1:5) I promise you that there is no other church that makes so much sense, is so perfect, has the same teachings and doctrines as did the church Jesus organized. Read the book of mormon and ask yourself, in 63 days, could anyone NOT inspired by God create such a text? I submit it to be impossible without the gift and power of God given to a Prophet. Well this is getting muy long. Wrap up just saying spanish is improving. slowly yet surely. I'm praying for you all always. -Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment