Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/03/2009: Whatever they told me, they lied‏

You read that subject line absolutely correctly. They said Arizona, people laughed in my face and said "you're going to DIE it's so hot there!" "You'll come home like a lobster!

"Well guess what?? I tan in Arizona! Also, this week it was so ridiculously cold in the mornings I almost died.

Ok, so it's an exaggeration, but the point is, in the mornings when we get up to work out...it's like 40 degrees. And here I was fooled into thinking it was 100 year round. See? it's not so bad here :). Anyways, the "Jacket" rule is now in effect.

Any day with the temperature above 75 degrados, we have to wear our suit coats, a rule I'm not too fond of, but it's all good.

New Games:

Pullover!: Objective: Talk to people, Rules: When driving and you see someone on the side of the road and you feel we should talk to them, you say "Pullover!" and the person who didn't say "pullover" has to talk to them. It's INTENSE and it gets us all psyched to talk to everyone about the awesomeness which is the Gospel. :)

Ok, what happened this week? Well, I think everyone should know I got H1N1 aka Swine Flu......................................now before my mom dies of freaking out, everyone should know it was the Vaccine for it, but it's true, I've had it...more or less. Haha I didn't get sick, I'm healthy and very very well here in Arizona.

This week I went on splits with the English Elders...that was interesting. Let's just say it was WAY nice to be able to effectively communicate, but let's also say that English people are WAY more rude and harsh than spanish. I'm ok with the trade-off I've decided. communication, for treatment...Props to you English goers. :) This morning I had a neat little revelation. We woke up at 3:15 to get ready and get to the temple by 6 a.m. session, and I get kinda cranky in the morning sometimes, but I realized that just cause I'm up early, doesn't mean I should get mad for any reason...I'm the same Elder Morgan I was 5ish hours ago when I went to bed...changed my attitude. :)

Another cool realization: We went to breakfast at a $3.99 breakfast buffet for missionaries, and it was weird to realize that whenever the elders wanted to talk about something amongst themselves, they just said it in spanish...and here's the realization. I can speak spanish. ok ok so before God strikes me for being prideful, I'm DEFINATELY not good at spanish...but now that I'm beginning to understand more, I'm beginning to speak better, and it's just all coming together. It was a neat thing for me to realize.

Also. Halloween. Ward trunk or Treat. We definitely (definately?) had the best trunk. The kids had to reach through a hole into the trunk full of little blown up trashbags, only to realize on the other side of the hole was an elder in the trunk to grab their hand, shake them around a little, then give them some candy. it was cool. The niños love us.

I'd like to close with just a quick little experience. Tracting = knocking doors = ineffective. We decided this week to test the Lord. If we set an appointment with someone, and they aren't there when we go, we decided we must be there for some reason so we tract that street. So the DAY we started doing this, 2 doors past our appointment we found this ladi named Marí. She's WAY AWESOME. At first was like "I don't need church, cause they're all led by men" Then we testified that God is guiding His true church through a prophet and how SHE can know for HERSELF. She invited us in to come teach her. it was a neat experience. Way neat. She was way into it, and asked us to come back and share more with her whole family. So we'll see how that flies this week. :) I'm done. My fingers are a punto de morir. (about to die) I love you all. thanks so much for your support! As Elder Nicholas would say (from Georgia) "Ya'll're so tight". My prayers are with you all!

-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment