Friday, August 21, 2009

Another Week...Otra Semana. Que Bueno.‏
From: Shae Morgan (shae.d.morgan.mes@myldsmail.net)

Sent: Tue 8/04/09 4:40 PM
To: morganet@msn.com; shadanielm@hotmail.com
Familia,

Hola from the CCM o the MTC. It's been a beautiful sunny week with wonderful weather and wonderful spirit. So here goes my weekly letter to tell you all about the craziness which is going on here.

First off. Yes, I saw Elder Schellman, Jessica Ex-Lewis, and ALSO a Mr. Kaplan Sanders. So that's been good and it's always a little boost to see people I know from EFY, Home, and BYU. Some of my good friends from BYU came in this week. Namely, Jericho Lopez, my ping pong buddy, David Grimm and others. This week My district and I get to be hosts! so that is going to be way sweet, we'll get to walk all the little nervous smiley scared new missionaries to their home for the next little while. I'm exited for that.

So I'm companions with Elder Mullen right? Elder Mullen has some back pain and stuff that he does Physical therapy for. Guess what this means?! I GOT TO SEE THE REAL WORLD!!! 2 times this week we went out into the real world, talking to REAL people. It was pretty neat. At one doctors appointment, I was sitting in the lobby waiting for Elder Mullen, and I said "ok Lord, I'll talk to everyone that sits in this chair" (the one really close to me.) Guess where every single person sat? you got it. That chair. So I talked to a lot of people, even challenged a man to start reading the Book of Mormon again after having a difficult time believing. So hopefully something good comes of that. Also a shout out to Hannah Pullan, I saw her as we drove by the BYU buildings.

Random spanish phrase that doesn't really work out?
This week Elder Allred (the goofball we all love in our group) came up with this one. It's a "Tres Manera Corbata!" meaning (literally) Three Way (pathway or manerism) Tie (the kind to wear)

ok Neat Experience of the Week (N.E.W.) soooo this week, we had a rockin' devotional. Talking about how the Lord's hand is in everything and how we need to be submissive and humble eenough to accept whatever he has planned for us. Sooo, one of the songs we sang, they changed the lyrics on the screen. It was "Army of Helaman" the childrens song. The real words say "We will be the Lord's missionaries..." The words changed to "And we are now the Lord's missionaries, to bring the world His truth" Wow. What a neat experience. Being in a room of 2100 missionaries, each sacrificing something to be there and wanting to talk with everyone about the restoration that has changed their lives and made them Happy. Happier than they've ever been. A talk given this week, something stood out to me, a story was told about a missionary who was in an interview and he said "President, I've never been more tired...but I've never been more happy." I hope that I get to that point. I'm happy, I'm REALLY TIRED, and I'm starting to kinda realize what all God has in store for me. I'm DYING to get out to Mesa, and start talking with people. I'm excited to be able to communicate with Spanish people. in the REAL WORLD, I talked to a spanish lady, and we actually could communicate in her language...it made me happy, anxious, and excited to learn more. I'm humbled because really, I don't speak spanish, but I'm sure giving my all to learn how to do so better. Pray for me will ya? pray that I'll be able to speak spanish? Thanks everyone for all the support and love. Prayer works. Read the scriptures, for therein lies the answers to the things you think you'll never get a response about.


Love you all.
-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment