Friday, August 21, 2009

okee dokee....cheque leque peque como un panqueque‏

From:

Shae Morgan (shae.d.morgan.mes@myldsmail.net)

Sent:

Tue 7/28/09 4:42 PM

To:

morganet@msn.com


ok so I don't even know what that means in the subject line, but it's something about pancakes and evidently in some places it means "yeah ok for sure." or something similar. For mom, yeah I'm doing well. I'm healthy, I'm exercising, and I'm not eating too much. The food here IS wonderful...however...there's SO much of it it makes me sick. bleck. ok not literally sick, but you get it. ok I've started making lists of thing to write about since time is so limited. So here it goes.

Gabby. Gabby Sandoval. This is the name of my new investigator! a REAL LIVE one. haha she sent in an e-mail (in spanish) about a week ago and we e-mail her back and forth to teach her, and give her assignments, and check up on her. Anyway, this week we challenged her to go to church, and she accepted! so we have yet to hear about that but we'll see. :)
Family: I need a line of authority sent to me, just in case I ordain someone and give them the Mel.Priesthood, they'll know their line.

RC=Referral Center. where we can call people and offer videos, Libros de Mormon, and othre stuff. Making phone calls is scary. making phone calls in spanish is REALLY scary. I'm getting over it though, starting to realize that these people NEED the gospel, to experience joy that I've felt in my life. So I press on making calls, offering the truth to those who will listen.

New topic. Funny spanish stuff! This week, we decided to kill english. English is dead here for my district. That's brought about interesting new frases. like "que muela" which means something like "how totally gorgeous" don't worry...we only use it to describe meals, scriptures, or occasionally or rooms after cleaning. Also Tortuga Torpe = our spanish equivalent of "awkward turtle". For those who know what that is.

Guess who I saw here!?!?! ELDER SCHELLMAN! that's right. Eric Schellman is here at the MTC, he came up to me and totally called me out. I had no clue who it was, then saw his last name and almost died. So that was cool.

SUPER neat experience this week. As a district, we're taking Moroni's challenge to know if the Book of Mormon is true. If we're challenging our investigators to do it, we better know AGAIN t hat it is true. So we go on. learning and studying and let me tell you...that book is so amazing. There is so much to learn in it's pages I cannot even express.
My goal for the rest of my tiempo aqui is to read the entire book of mormon in spanish. It's going along great and I'm learning a lot by reading it.

I had this theory, that at EFY, they work you so hard until you are just physically dead, then they NAIL you thursday with devotionals, and then testimony here. I feel similarly here...every day is so much work, it's so hard, there's so much to do, and I've never felt so strongly guided and so...spiritized? ok not a word, but you get it. it's so great here. I love learning the gospel. I love learning spanish to help me teach others the gospel. I'm just an uber happy guy now! Anyway, Thanks mom for whackin' Mr. Christopher in the head, that made my day, and my time is about up. Just know that I love you all way much. seriously. En Serio. Thanks so much for all the letters, support, help, thoughts, everything. I know that God loves His children. Yo sé que He es nuestro Padre Celestial. Envió su Hijo, Jesucristo para que mediante su Expiacion, podemos ser liberados del pecado. (we can be free from sin through Christ's atonement. God is our loving heavenly father, who sent us his son.)

Thanks for your prayers.
Les Amo mucho
-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment