Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What do you get when September begins to end in Arizona?

Paradise. in Spanish: Paraíso.

Ok, so it's not exactly THAT awesome yet. But it is cooling down a TON. Only the high nineties today. What awesomeness. This morning we woke up at 4:00 so we could make it to an early morning temple trip. The Mesa temple is GORGEOUS inside and out. I have some pictures with Elder Moffitt too so I'll be sure to send those on the memory card soon.

So, now that it's cooling down, and sweat isn't coming off in buckets, tracting seems a bit more appealing. :) Rumor has it, the weather just gets better from here out. I remember President Lewis saying once you hit october, you're good until april

I picked up my bike today. It's a beast. and I mean that in the "suave cool sophisticated" way, not the "brute heavy ugly" way. It's a nice bike, and I got a good deal.

So, let me tell you about the week. It started at a thing called ZDM. In this, president reviewed our district numbers, talked, and some companionships did talks and trainings etc. I even got to do a discussion on why members are so important in lessons. So that was fun. President Bassett is SO awesome. He just knows EVERYTHING. I'm pretty sure he's high on the line-up to be an apostle/prophet some day. He's been a huge help and blessing.

How to kill a scorpion 101:
1) recognize there is a scorpion
2) recognize the scorpion is near
3) recognize there is a large stirring spoon even closer
4) take a firm hold of the large spoon
5) Hit scorpion with spoon
6) Repeat step 5 until dead, or you feel satisfied

there ya go mom! Love ya! By the way, at the temple this morning I ran into the missionaries that serve in Aunt Mel's ward. they were like "are you new?" "uh huh" "you know the Hodges?" "yup. aunt and uncle" "cool...they say hi" small mission huh? Also, the missionary who fell is all good. He has some INTENSE bandages, but he's alive, kicking, and already back into the work.

THE GONTH IS GOING TO BOISE!!!!! TREVOR you are totally going to OWN that place :) a bajizillion people are just waiting to be spiritually hit with what you have for them. 2 thumbs way way up.

At first, I thought about asking for a picture of Seralyn in her homecoming dress, then I realized that it'd be a HUGE distraction for my companions...however if you would like to send some family pictures (one with her included in dress), that's all I really need.

The work. Is good. We worked HARD this week. We had a ton of success, a ton of dissappointments. Even through dissappointment, the lord helps us and gives us strength. We had some investigators that fell through and don't want us to come over anymore, we extended some invitations to follow the example of Christ and be baptized and we were rejected, but I'm excited. Because 4 of those invitations were accepted. We have a family. Gustavo y fam. They all accepted to prepare to be baptized the 24th of october. We're really excited for them! Also, we had been teaching a guy named Pedro, and he was ready to get baptized but he was moving! so he "moved" then randomly showed up at church 2 weeks later and said the moving didn't work out. so he's all set to be baptized and receive the full pardon of his sins. That's why we're baptized. True it's for membership in the church, but really it's to apply the sacrifice that christ made for every one of us. I hope everyone remembers that.

This is already killer long, but I love you all, thanks for all your support. Thanks so much...so so much.
-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment