Saturday, December 26, 2009

11/24/2009 -- Golly, what a day!

Well...it's official. I'm basically no longer a Missouri citizen. Today Elder Lehman and I woke up at 5 to be dressed and ready and at a Arizona Government building at 7 so we could beat the line that would be there when the doors opened at 8 to do what? Get a new license. My missouri license is now dead, and I have an Arizona license. Neat fact...it's good until I turn 65. "Expiration Date: 04/20/2055" pretty intense. So with that and a Phoenix library card, I feel like I belong here in Phoenix. For those who are wondering, Elder Lehman's license was about to expire so we had to renew his, and the mission vehicle guy told me to renew mine too. SOOOOOOOOOO ok wow, I've already talked alot. it's been a long day and a looong week.

To answer the questions. Elder Lehman is great. He's not quite as motivated as elder Moffitt was, but we're getting along, with the occassional struggle to get going on time. He brought with him a Ukulele, which has been the biggest temptation, but I'm avoiding it at all costs. We teach pretty well together, but he's not super confident with his spanish, so sometimes it's interesting.

Bike. oooooooooooooooooooooh bike. where to being? My legs are sore? Evidently this is a pretty big area for bike (even after the division) and I can for sure feel it. We talk to way more people, but it's a little distracting getting to appointments and being sweaty and nasty sometimes. Haven't wrecked yet on bike so that's good. What else to say? I found a batman doll on the street without a head on it, so he's now lovingly placed above my rear wheel and my rear light is situated exactly where its' head should be...that's something new, but I think I may have to get rid of it. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Also on bike we've met more crazy drunk high people than I ever care to, but they're children of God too, so we talk with them, pray with them, walk with them, try and help them by sharing with them what God wants them to do. We've been given a 40 oz bottle of Bud light from a guatemalan guy who was too drunk to stand up straight, yelled at, called all sorts of profanities, and just about everything else you can imagine. it's been an interesting week.

Anyway, important stuff...Mission update!! I was super excited to hear that Elder Tuttle's mission is doing a white christmas too! Our mission decided to do it as a 2 month mission white christmas. The Lord blesses us when we set goals. As of right now, we are set to have 402 baptizms by the end of december, meeting our goal of 400. (200 each month). Our little district is set on helping with a good 10 of those! we're going crazy here in phoenix with tons of people here to teach. really, the Lord is blessing us for working hard. We just have to "put our shoulder to the wheel" and "push along".

Crazy cool investigator: Olga Dominguez! she's so 100% mormon already...she came to church one time, and then 3 days later she was helping the relief society by offering to cook food for our ward thanksgiving dinner we had. Now she and 2 of her 3 kids are set to be baptised in 2 ish weeks. We're so excited for her and she's just eating up the gospel like turkey on thanksgiving.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!

Francisca (the older lady we've been teaching forever now) has an interview for baptizm this saturday, we're getting Carina and Delfino married, so they can be baptized the 12th or 19th of december, it's just crazy here.

Ok, wrapping things up. Mom wrote me about a scripture that has always been one of my favorites. In Isaiah 53 it says that Christ is someone who "surely...hath bourne our greifs", suffered the pains we suffer, hurt for every time we hurt. Another scripture in the book of mormon says He did this so He would know how to succor His people if we would come unto Him. Will we not come unto Him? He loves us. He knows me...He knows YOU. He's the one who always listens and always loves us and always helps...why do you think it is that in almost every picture of Christ, his hands are outstretched? That's what He does, gathers us in, gives us rest, he heals us. and not just like a scar covers a wound, He makes it so that the wound never happened at all. What a blessing and a gift. I love my Savior. I see the little things He does to give me hope every new day and I'm grateful.

Thanks to all for support, prayers, and love. Hope you have a wonderful week. (look for the little miracles!)

-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment