Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/22/2009 -- Christmas is coming...

Christmas is coming, and so are the deer
Carefully listen and bells you will hear!
Along with the season, a special treat.
Reindeer droppings for you to eat!

Random introduction, but for this Christmas season, I've been reminded of little things our family used to do, one of which included passing out boxes of whopper candies, decorated as reindeer. When you lifted the tail and squeezed the box, out of the tail popped some whoppers. it was pretty nasty, but I'll never forget it.

Ok, well this week was wonderful. for me it basically started on Friday, when we went into the water with Olga and two of her kids, Ioannis and Sheila, and they were baptised to receive forgiveness of their sins and to start the pathway that leads to eternal family. What a great way to start off the week before Christmas.

Mom....you're hopeless. Was it this bad with Matt? Bringing up phone calls at any moment possible? We forgot about it again this week, until about last night...so I still don't have a whole lot more info. It'll be Christmas day, Elder Moffitt is thinking we'll be making phone calls at the house of our dinner appointment (they're a little bit better off and have multiple phones, so we can use theirs). So we'll probably call around 6ish our time. If not, we may have to do phone calls a little earlier like at 3-4ish our time. Hope that helps, and I hope everyone'll be home! just plan on an evening in to talk with the Elder!

We've found some really cool people this week. Luz Vasquez is 100% white, but speaks spanish better than most hispanics and she's way cool (married to a mexican guy named Ricardo. They were both interested and after explaining how the power of God to baptise was lost she put all the dots together and SHE told US "so....my baptism in the Catholic church doesn't even count does it?" We were like drenched in the Spirit and so greatful that she understood it. We're looking forward to teaching them more. Also we found Alma. We were looking for another referral we got, but it turns out the guy doesn't live there, instead there's a family living there and they wanted to learn more! funny how someone can be inspired to give us a wrong address that leads us to someone else who's prepared. Way cool.

Ok, Well, I've made a batch of home made carmels, and even without a candy thermometer (I guessed how long I should cook them) They turned out Perfectly. Thanks mom, I've received all the packages and even a delivery from Aunt Mel and Grandma and Grandpa (a gingerbread temple!) Basically Elder Lehman is convinced that Christmas with elder morgan is awesome. We are sugared up, ready to keep preaching and teaching. Christmas eve marks my 6 months. 1/4 done :( 3/4 left :). I loved hearing about Elder Slezak in all that snow. enjoy a couple inches for me and Elder Tuttle! :) I love you guys and miss you millions. Keep preaching and doing what's right. I guess people in O'fallon will be hearing more from my mom, when I call home for Christmas. For everyone else, celebrate the birth of the Saviour. Give thanks to God for the greatest gift he gave to us. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son. that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life" "Porque de tal manera, amo Dios al mundo, que ha dado a su hijo unigenito, para que todo aquel que en el cree, no se pierda, mas tenga vida eterna" Merry Christmas. Thanks for all you do.

-Elder Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Christmas in Arizona is fun. i love spending my Christmas with my cousins in Glendale.

    ReplyDelete