Saturday, December 26, 2009

12/15/2009 -- oh come on! mom, seriously?!‏

starting off a message with "do you call us?! or we call you?!" that's way lame. I hadn't even thought much about it until just now. Honestly, my answer to all your questions is.....I have no clue. I think I'll call you, probably from a member's house, but when and all that jazz, I really have no idea. I guess I'll get back to you next time? if I don't forget...I won't, I'll get some sort of info on phone calls.

yes I met Kurt in Mesa, he seems like a great guy. a little protective maybe, but a good guy. We'll see what happens. I really only got to shake his hand and wonder if he knows anyone or has family that aren't members...but he seems alright. I'm sad to hear Seralyn's sick!!! No bueno...hope this e-mail finds her healthy and well, even after singing so much in Rising Generation and eating LOADS of food at firesides. :) yeah, those were the good ol' days. cool beans on the year round pay while only working during school...that's cool. :)

I got 2 packages. And I got a phone call yesterday saying there's another one waiting in the mission office (certain forms of shipping can't be forwarded to our home addresses) so I'll get that one thursday when I head over that way again. So that should be great. Thanks so much for the turtles they are delish, and the pants are great and needed, and also Elder Lehman sends many thanks for the rocking tie he has that plays silent night. :)

White Christmas? It's awesome. We've had like 84 baptisms so far with another 145 still scheduled for the holidays. something awesomely ridiculous like that. Pray for miracles, work like you never have before, and God makes up the rest. I used to think miracles were some impossible things. Alma says it best in Alma 37:6-7 by small and simple things are great things brought to pass...We help MAKE miracles. sometimes we are miracles. cool thought huh?

ok, the branch... whew. ok. it's not large. in fact, this sunday looking from the stand I realized we had more investigators and recent converts in the congregation than we had solid members. It doesn't function very well...nothing really gets done, because all the members are trying to work to get food and stay in hiding from being deported, they have little and sometimes no time for helping out in callings. There are some Solid people though. Sanchez family is awesome, president Jimenez even can't help us out because he works 2 jobs and sleeps any spare moment. Our ward mission leader hasn't been to church in 2 weeks, and this week we found out he moved out of the mission (without telling anyone) so, we're ward mission leader-less right now. It's a frustrating little branch sometimes, but I love them. I'm currently the ward chorister, and for baptisms, I'm the pianist, I'm getting pretty good at Come follow me, I like to look for rainbows, and various other songs. While being chorister, you see some funny stuff on the stand. People falling asleep, sign language from your companion to get information and ask if I see certain investigators, etc. We've asked for materials to help investigators (like jumbo Books of Mormon for people with bad eyes) and they never pull through. Basically they're way flaky...BUT THEY ROCK. they're great and I'm greatful for the help that they do give us. I feel comfortable in the ward, I feel like I'm even starting to figure out drama between families and such...that's when I feel like I've been here a while.

AH this e-mail is HUGE and I haven't written ANY of the things I want to tell you about. So I'm going to start now. I'm glad I got to answer your questions. Keep sending them my way if you have any. We had 2 baptisms this week. Karina and Delfino were married and imidiately after that, baptized. Pictures to come. :) The 12th of December is the Dia de la virgen. Basically everyone puts up massive shrines to the virgin mary and puts a ton of roses everywhere...it was intense. Olga (the awesome investigator we had who fasted with us) is moving. she's still here until the endo f december, so that's good. She's moving out of the mission, so I won't be able to see them or visit until after. She and 2 of the 3 kids have baptismal dates, interview passed, and this friday is going to be a happy day :) Also, This week I saw my first WAY intense bike crash. My comp TOTALLY biffed it....smashed into a garbage can and then a cement post, and rolled a little bit after. His shoulder was hurting, but other than that, no damage done. His bike even is fine. it was pretty intense looking though, now when we go past that spot, I re-enact the sounds of the crash...:) Working at the christmas lights is so awesome, just talking with everyone from everywhere is great and they all come for the same reason, to see the lights and think about Christ. I've had some cool experiences this week at the lights, all of which are recorded in my journal which you can read later, because this e-mail is massive. Real quick, I want to mention a mini-revelation I had in church this week. we were talking in preisthood about the relief society. how they work together. Read "The Family : a proclamation to the world" and you'll find that if "the family" refers to the church...then "husband and man" and their roles refer to the Priesthood and its functions. the "wife and woman" in the proclamation refer to the Relief Society and its functions. and the kids...the Primary. That proclamation not only outlines how the family should work and how it works best, but also outlines how God works, and works best. Through a unit called a family. A church structured in a family structure, centered in christ is built on a firm foundation and it cannot fall. likewise, our families won't fall if we are centered on Christ and fulfilling our roles.

Ok, that's all for this week. I love you all, have a merry wonderful christmas. Thanks for all your support, love, letters, and prayers (most important)

-Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment